Skip to main content

Art Impressions Challenge #126 - Trips Ahoy!

Art Impressions challenge this week is Trips Ahoy - Nautical 
or Travel Challenge.

I chose to create a card with a travel theme
for the challenge
using the adorable "Lounging Penguins"
from Art Impressions.

During the cold month's of Winter, it's
nice to think of lounging on the beach
with a refreshing adult beverage in your hand!!


I started by heat embossing the image with CTMH black 
embossing powder.  The image was colored with various
Copic Markers and chalk applied for a little "sunburn" effect.
The clouds and sand were both masked and sponged
with Memento inks.  The sun die is from Lil Inkers and the 
speech balloon is from Craft's Meow.

Of course, I can't resist entering this card into this week's
in my case, "Aloha!"

Thanks for stopping by for a closer look!
I always enjoy reading your comments.

Comments

Beautiful Cynthia - I'll look carefully when I am at the beach tomorrow to see if I can spot them.
Blessings
Maxine
Karen Amidon said…
Too cute! Fantastic colors and beautiful coloring! Perfect beach scene...wish I was there!
Fabulous card I love the scene you have set with the sky and sand. Gorgeous colouring. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x
Penny said…
A girl after my own heart. This beach scene is adorable! Really love your coloring of the fun image, and your clouds and sand look terrific! Great sentiment & love the little die-cut sun, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny
jonim52 said…
This is so cute, love this scene
Karen Day said…
A hilarious card, Cynthia! Thanks so much for joining our Trips Ahoy! Challenge at Art Impressions