Skip to main content

Friends with Flair

Happy Friday!  Friday's are great, but I especially look forward to sharing with all of the Unity gals each week for Friends with Flair .  Angela gives away such fabulous prizes - one for a blog participant and another for a commenter.  How fun is that!?

Here's what I have created this week using an Itty Bitty called "Diploma Cap & Gown":
It's a somewhat unconventional graduation card, but it's going to my cousin who is graduating from college next month.  She is very artistic and will be teaching elementary level students in rural Alaska next Fall.  I am SO proud of her!

I splattered various distress inks with a paint brush on the card base.  Various Memento inks were applied directly to the stamp for the rainbow effect.  I added a rhinestone swirl arrow from Kaiser as a finishing touch.

Comments

Kary said…
Awesome card, Cynthia!! Love the stamp you used and the arrow bling is a perfect touch to finish off the card. Your cousin is going to love this!!
Penny said…
Fabulous CAS card, Cynthia! Love the design, colors & swirl! :^) It's perfect for an artistic recipient.
Hugs, Penny
michib said…
Love the colours on this card - from the multiple colours on the image to the ink splatters - great!
Ruby said…
Lovely bright card.
Julie Odil said…
This is so cool! I love those background spatters, the arrow, and of course, the stamp!
Meredith said…
Wonderful! I love this non-traditional graduation card!
Michelle said…
Such a beautiful card! Love the colors and the bling!
Carol L said…
What a perfect card for someone artistic! I love the splattered background and bling!
Angeline Choo said…
oh i love the different ink colors on the stamp! nicely done! :)
Emily H said…
Wow! This turned out fabulous!!
veronica said…
love the splatters! looks fab!
So colorful & fun! love
Tracy said…
Great card Cynthia...adore your background along with the sentiment!
Hugs
Tracy
xoxo
JPScraps said…
I love the card! Especially that arrow!
I am sure your cousin will love her wonderfully Arty card Cynthia.
Fantastic grad card. Love the splatters!
Gaylynn said…
Very cool what you did with the background and the arrow. :)
Lisa Angela said…
I love the festive feel of this card...great colors!!!
What a great card Cynthia - unique and so colourful and happy! The narrow black frame gives a great finish to it.
Blessings
Maxine
This is so full of color and made with love. Your cousin will adore it!
Tameko said…
Love all colors....So pretty!
Looks like the perfect card for an artist!! I love the splatter background
Gwen said…
Love your grad card! Great splatters! :) I really like your design and that stamp is a great one!
Scrapper Myra said…
Bet You're cousin going to love it
Miwa said…
Wow, what a great card! It seems perfect for your cousin, too!
Mary said…
Love your card!