Skip to main content

Sassy Cheryl Challenge #163 and Cheryl's Show Me

I hope your weekend is going great where ever you are checking in from today!  It's a sunny, warm 40 degree Spring evening in Alaska.  The snow is finally starting to melt from my yard and DH just transplanted his first tomato seedlings today!  Woo-Hoo!

This week's Sassy Cheryl Challenge is to create something monochomatic with our Sassy Cheryl digi's.  I used the sweet Thick as Thieves image to create my card this week:


I have to be honest.  When I first started coloring the image with the new Spectrum Nior pens I bought today, I almost threw this in the trash and started over.  BUT  as I continued to color and add shading it started to "grow on me" and I kind of like it.  It's like an old-timey TV show.... kinda.  The sentiment is from Create with TLC and I thought it was appropriate for Sally and Bella.  Two friends!  As I said, the image was colored with Cool Grey Specturm Nior pens that I bought at JoAnn's today.  I shaded with charcoal pencil.  The designer papers are from the MME Breeze paper pad.

The really fun sketch is this week's My Favorite Things Weekly Sketch challenge.  You can check it out HERE on Splitcoast Stampers.
I mentioned at the beginning of the post that DH has some transplants.  Here's a photo of his little indoor garden.  Of course, we have a very short growing season so he tries to get things started early.


I am also submitting this to the Show Me Challenge over on Cheryl's blog.  Thanks for stopping by for a closer look!  Your comments are such a joy to read.  I really do appreciate it!




Comments

Lisa Lynn said…
Gorgeous card Cythnia. Your new pens look wonderful. You and I were thinking alike and I did a Sassy Cheryl card today also, but a different image and I went brown. hehe Today in WI we actually got up to 68 so it was a gorgeous day here too! Wonderful plants - I'm not that patient to grow things - my Dad was a potato farmer and I had enough of that growing up. But I'm sure your food costs are different. I do wish you were closer because I would love to spend a night coloring with you, and learning your great techniques.
Unknown said…
Cynthia. . .you're SO right! It does remind me of an old black and white tv show. And I love the sentiment. It's precious!
Thanks for playing along with the Sassy Cheryl DT this week.
chrissy xx said…
I think it's just 'kinda' GORgeous Cynthia...
FABulous take on the sketch...LOve the colours you've used and this is one cute image.
Chrissyxx
jkreucher said…
I just love how this turned out! I would have never thought to do this! what a beautiful card!
Thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
Wonderful card Cynthia - love the black and white look of the card, and the awesome sentiment :-)
Blessings
Maxine
Heidi Brawley said…
AWE your card is soooo darn cute!!! Looks fabulous in black and white!!
hugs, Heidi
Ann English said…
Really love this, Cynthia. You nailed this challenge! Thank you for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl's monochromatic challenge this week!
Sassy Raggedy said…
Hi Cynthia, Saw your card over at Sassy Cheryl's Blog and just had to come take a peek at it..Lovely...I think this type of monochromatic is beautiful. Great job...joann sassy raggedy
Penny said…
Wow, this is so cool! Love the monochromatic theme, the great papers you combined, and that fun sentiment with the image! :^)
Hugs, Penny