Skip to main content

Friends with Flair Friday

It's Friday and that means another Friends with Flair linky party.  I decided to step WAY out of my comfort zone this week and try a mixed media project.  I recently bought "Our House.... Serve the Lord" during one of the fabulous Itty Bitty sales.  I decided it would be perfect for this project.

Here's what I came up with:

I was inspired by the recent Mix-Ability challenge posted by Dina Kowal on Splitcoast Stamper.   She provide a great video that helped me get started.  You can watch her video HERE.   I started with various acrylic paints and used plastic wrap over the wet pain for some texture.  I applied versafine ink to drywall tape and stamped in the corners.  I also applied acrylic paint to bubble packing and stamped in the opposite corners.  Finally, I brushed on a light coat of white acrylic paint then stamped the image with Versafine black ink.  My pop of color is a red heart brad.

Thanks for stopping by for a closer look!

Comments

Kellie 0:) said…
Love your mixed media. Fantastic. TFS
Kary said…
This looks awesome, Cynthia!! Love your card! Great job with the mixed media style.
libbym said…
Loving your card Cynthia! You sure rocked the mixed media!!
Perfect combo!!
Meredith said…
Wow, that's fantastic! You did a great job!
michib said…
Absolutely gorgeous! Love it!
Maria said…
Love your mixed media card! It's so much fun to play with these types of things out your comfort zone, good for you. It came out fabulous!
Miwa said…
Wow! This looks fantastic! How creative!
Ruby said…
This looks amazing. Beautiful project.
Angeline Choo said…
This is gorgeous! You look right in your element :)
Tameko said…
Great card design! You did a wonderful job with this mixed media card.
Mary said…
I LOVE THIS!!! Great card and colors.
Penny said…
Wow, what a fabulous mixed-media project. Just beautiful--I love it! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Gwen said…
This turned out GREAT! Great use of the video technique and the warm/cool challenge! I love the Mix-Ability challenge! You rocked it!
Kris said…
First "thank you" for checking in on my blog and commenting on my FWF post. I wish I could do something like this mixed media piece. It's so artistic...great job. (Love the pic of Bud sitting in the water...so "Lab"!)
Julie Odil said…
I love your mixed media piece. Great job!
SherylK said…
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I bought a roll of drywall tape the same day I bought foil tape (like Gwen used)...now I HAVE to get started with Mixed Media Stamping...lol.
Lucy E. said…
Awesome mixed media project!
Sue said…
What a beautiful job you did on this card. Sounds like a lot of work, but what lovely results.

Hugs
Sue
Love it Cynthia - great work and congrats on moving out of your comfort zone - always a bit skeery, but often so rewarding!
Blessings
Maxine
WHat a wonderful mixed media style card. It works a treat.
Scrapper Myra said…
Love it. Out of comfort zone is cool. TFS