Skip to main content

Sassy Cheryl Digi Challenge #162 and Show Me

Sassy Jackie is our hostess over on the Sassy Cheryl's Digi Challenge blog this week.  She has challenged us to use the following sketch with our Sassy Cheryl images:


I'm all about sketches, but this one had me stumped!  I decided to work backwards and started with the square panels first.  I decided to do a patchwork with the squares and here is what I came up with:

This is VERY unusual for me this week!  Gasp!!  I am not featuring Sassy Sally in my card.  Sorry, Cheryl, I promise she will be back on my blog next week! This cute bird image is included in the Quite Inspiration set and decided that he could hold his own on this card.  I printed the image twice, colored one in shades of yellow with copic markers then fussy cut the image.  It was layered over the first image which was cut with a Spellbinder square nestibilities die.  I added glossy accents to the heart and a couple of rhinestones to finish.

I am also sharing this with the ladies over on Cheryl's weekly Show Me Challenge!  Thanks for stopping by for a closer look.

Comments

Lisa Lynn said…
Cynthia, I love what you did. I'm still trying to figure out what to do...I'm just not sure it will work this WE since I have to do my son's bday party on Sunday.
Cathy said…
Cynthia, very sneaky to use just this darling Sassy bird on your card, but it is very cute and I love your coloring of it and your card is wonderful. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.
Cathy said…
Cynthia, I didn't mean sneaky in a bad way, I love your Sassy Bird!!!!! Cathy
What a lovely bright and cheerful card - love how you have interpreted the challenge.
Blessings
Maxine
Penny said…
Oh, my, Cynthia, I love your take on the sketch! It is so sweet & cheerful! Love those papers and that darling image--especially love the way you did the tail feathers! :^)
Hugs, Penny
jkreucher said…
Oh! This is cute as can be! love this darling big bird!
what a great idea to add the stitching through the squares!
Thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl Sketch challenge!
Dawn said…
I love the birdie by itself and the out of box cut!
Thanks for playing our Sassy challenge!
Jeni said…
Just darling Cynthia! I love the quilted stitching. Wow, this little birdie is stunning all on her own. Clever choice. Thanks for sharing another one of your beautiful creations with us at Sassy Cheryl's. ~jeni :)
Sassy Cheryl said…
Stump. . . .nope, it sure doesn't look like it to me! It's a gorgeous card Cynthia. . .and I am surprised too that you didn't use the Sally part. . .but I LOVE it. What a fabulous card.
Thanks for playing along with the Sassy Cheryl DT this week.
Ann English said…
LOVE this! So cute and such a great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us this past week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!