Skip to main content

Unity Friends with Flair and {be Inspired} Challenge

Wow, has it been a LONG week for you?!
I began to wonder if Friday would ever come around.

Well, for the Unity groupies we know that Friday
means "Friends With Flair".  A time to share
our creations, promote Unity's fabulous 
products AND get a chance at winning some
Unity goodies!

My project for the FWF uses inspiration from the current
I have used the fabulous "Let Love Fly" set
by the ubber talented Phyllis Harris.


I've seen a few examples of stamping directly onto
dictionary paper.  I decided to give it a try and colored
this image while I was away on vacation recently.
I layered the image on colors from the challenge combo
and added a few yellow gems.  The coordinating sentiment was
stamped last.  Very Clean and Simple, but I really like
the finished effect.  I will probably be trying this again.
Here's a close up:



Thanks for stopping by for a closer look!
Don't forget to leave a comment for your chance at winning
some Unity goodies!  Angela is famous for her fabulous
sales and giveaways.  Stop by the Unity blog for more inspiration 
AND details about this week's fabulous sale and new release.

Comments

DIANA L. said…
This is so sweet. I love this idea. Great coloring Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com
Cynthia this is beautiful - love the effect of colouring on the dictionary paper :-)
Blessings
Maxine
Kate said…
Love this Cynthia ive never tried stamping these images direct on to patterned paper it looks really good :)
Kate xx
Tracy said…
Looove it Cynthia and adore that you can still see the background peeping through!!
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox
Kris said…
Cynthia you've hit it out of the park with this one. Awesome technique and coloring. Can't wait to try it myself.
Gaylynn said…
This is beautiful Cynthia. I really like how you used the print in the background too. :)
Very creative and beautiful!
Anonymous said…
I love the dictionary paper behind this. Very creative. Hugs~Patti
Love the way you stamped on the printed paper, very creative.
Kary said…
Beautiful card, Cynthia!! I love the dictionary background. Hope the weather is warming up where you are. Have a great weekend!
KristyLee said…
I just love your stamping and coloring on book paper. Cool how the net hangs off a bit, so clever! I found you through Unity's Friends with Flair.
Peace,
KristyLee
Ruby said…
Beautiful card. Great colouring.
Penny said…
I have seen this technique also, Cynthia! And I love it! You did a great job with adding the color to your fab image! Love the net extension and the added bling, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Dawn Fields said…
Cynthia, your card is gorgeous! Looovvee it!
Sandi said…
What a great idea and beautiful card! Now I need to go find an old dictionary!!! LOL
Beejay said…
This is such a genius idea!!!! Love the card and the PH image!!!
Sue D said…
I like how you stamped on the dictionary paper.
Angeline Choo said…
Beautiful take on the color challenge Cynthia. Love PH stamps! :)
Rachel said…
i feel the same way... this week was just LONG! the stamping and coloring just look gorgeous again that text
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com
joybear said…
Beautiful card love your coloring!
Crystal said…
Gorgeous card! I just love how you stamped on dictionary paper, really makes this card stand out!
Lindsey said…
I love how this looks on the dictionary paper! Beautiful.
You have used my new, favorite technique. The image looks so awesome on the text paper.
Emily said…
Cool idea with the dictionary paper! Turned out great!
Corrie said…
great card love the dictionary paper
Miwa said…
This is beautiful! Love how she *pops* off the paper! :)