Skip to main content

Power Poppy Creative Confetti Challenge - Quick Color!


While Alaska may be a little behind everyone else with gardening I decided to get my floral fix with Power Poppy this weekend!  I'm joining the current Quick Color challenge with a card featuring their beautiful Peonies digital stamp set.

I followed Julie's tutorial HERE which shows how to apply a quick splash of color by stippling inks.  Love this technique!

Following Julie's example, I started by stippling Memento Rose Bud ink in the centers of the flowers.  I then came back with Angel Pink Memento ink.  The leaves were stippled with Bamboo Leaves.  I finished the panel by flicking the Bamboo Leaves ink mixed with a little water using a toothbrush.

Since I was already inky, I couldn't stop there!  The base panel is from Basic Grey's Fiction Paper Pad.  Before adhering the image panel, I also flicked brown distress ink.  After drying, I adhered the image panel, sequins and a ribbon to finish the card. 

I would like to share my card with the following:
Power Poppy Creative Confetti Challenge:  Quick Color! 
Little Red Wagon:  #548 Flowers
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:  Spritz and Splatter
Cute Card Thursday:  #633 Anything Goes

Comments

What a fabulous card Cynthia - love the stippled effect on the flowers. The splattered background is the perfect complement
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Julie Koerber said…
Oh Cynthia! This is just dreamy and perfect! I actually like your card a whole lot better than mine! :-) It has just the perfect wash of color! Glad you had fun with this technique!