Skip to main content

Bugaboo Saturday Challenge - Recycle, Upscale or use a Household item

Thanks for stopping by today!
We have a new challenge for you
at Catch the Bug.
Recycle, Upscale or Use a Household item.

My card features the adorable digital
 The digital image was printed onto Stampin' Up!
Whisper White card stock and colored
with Copic Markers.
The sentiment is from Verve

I used a household item for the base panel
of my project
with the shaving cream technique.
There are many great tutorials on the web
if you are interested in the technique.
I have included a few photos of the process below.
You will want to gather the follow items:
Paper plate, plastic knife, reinkers, shaving cream
  paper towels and white card stock.
(mine has been cut to 4.25 x 5.5)
Start with a large portion of shaving cream
on the paper plate.  You will then randomly 
drop reinker on the shaving cream.  Use the
plastic knife to crisscross the ink into the shaving cream.
 Lay the card stock panel on the shaving
cream and press until the entire panel
is covered.  Remove and clear away the
shaving cream with the knife and then
wipe excess with the paper towel.
(caution:  lighter weight cardstock may 
curl but will dry flat)
 This will result in a unique design on each panel.
You can always add more ink and
lay the panel in the shaving cream
a second time for more color
or additional design.

The sketch is from this week's 
Mojo Monday Challenge #442
I hope this inspires you to give the shaving cream
technique a try!  I would love to see what you create.
Be sure to stop by the Bugaboo Blog for all of the
challenge details, prizes and more DT inspiration.

I'm also sharing my card with the following:
 Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Happy Birthday  
Word Art Wednesday:  #224 - 225 Anything Goes


Aud Sentiments Challenge: #152 6th Birthday Celebration




Comments

Elaine Stark said…
A great card and technique. I love the effect, one I must try. Thanks for joining Aud sentiments challenge. Elaine
As.I.Do.Rodos. said…
Brilliant card great take on the sketch .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos
Unknown said…
I love the background Cynthia! The image is so cute and I really like the colours you have chosen here :-)
Unknown said…
Great background idea - thanks for the tutorial!! Thank you for joining us this week at TTCRD!
Mandy said…
Gorgeous card Cynthia! The image is so cute and I love the background you've created with shaving foam.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for our special 7th Birthday challenge
Mandy xx