Skip to main content

May Crafty Secrets Linky Party

Good morning!
I hope everyone is having a good week.
We have had beautiful weather in Anchorage
and received much needed rainfall yesterday.
The trees and grass are so much greener today!

Anywhoo ~ I'm stopping in this morning
with a project I've had in mind for awhile.
Crafty Secrets hosts a linky party on the 
first Monday of each month.

So, this was the perfect opportunity
to make a clothespin bag.

I'm one of those odd people who enjoy
hanging out my laundry (weather permitting!)

(sorry for the poor display!)
 
I started by sewing the muslin bag.
I actually saved the the hanger from my 
previous (store bought) clothespin bag.
>DH helped with the grommets.<
I printed the bird image (sized it 6x6) from Crafty Secrets
Illustrations CD #2 onto an Iron-on
transfer sheet, cut it down and ironed it
directly to the muslin bag.

I added Stickles to the edge of the 
transfer and a large fabric flower
to finish it off.  Two rows of lace
were sewn to the top edge of the bag.
 
The finished bag is a little bigger than I 
had planed 16 x 9.  It will hold lots
of clothespins this summer when I
hang out my laundry!


I'm also sharing my project with the following:

Thanks for stopping by!  I always enjoy reading your comments.

Comments

Laura Sterckx said…
This bag is so pretty. The image is simply fabulous. Love the little birds. :) So cute. Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!
What a lovely bag - almost too good for clothes pegs (as we call them) I too love having my clothes dry out on the line, but my container is a lot less attractive that yours :-).
Blessings
Maxine
Hi,Cynthia! I just love the way you used the new Birds and Blossoms digital papers to create a fabric clothespin bag...and it is gorgeous! The little touch of lace at the top is wonderful! You'll be even more inspired to go hang out your clothes on the line! I'm so glad you joined the Crafty Secrets May Linky Party...thanks for sharing such a wonderful project!
Sassy Cheryl said…
Oh, trust me....you're not OLD....lol Because that would make me old too. :) If I had a place to hang mine, I'd be doing the same.
Love, love, love this muslin bag. Super fun!
Thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday fun!!
Vicki Chrisman said…
LOVE this! I love hanging my clothes out and trust me my clothes pin bag is not nearly this cute. But of course if I had one this cool, I'd never want to use it outside. I might just make one to store other things in my craft room. LOVE the idea. Thanks! Thank also for playing along with us!
Okay, I'm in love with your clothes pin bag idea and the birdy image you used, what a great idea! I think what I love most with digital is it is so versatile, you can use this same image over again in different sizes and if it was a gift you could make a matching card. I need to add this to our CD 2 Folder on Pintrest.

Thanks for sharing Cynthia and joining our May Linky Party

Sandy
Darlene said…
OMG Cynthia this is AWESOME! I'll need to make one for my daughter ... she still hangs clothes out on the line and loves it! GREAT idea and FABULOUS job! So glad you joined our May Linky Party and hope to see you again next month!
BIG HUGS!
Darlene
Crafty Secrets DT
Elizabeth said…
So sorry to be commenting on your fabulous clothespin bag so late but I flew to Alberta to visit my Mom for Mother's Day. This is such a well executed and great idea. Glad to hear you are having great weather in Alaska, maybe you will be using that bag very soon. Thanks for joining us at the May Linky Party.
Sheila Rumney said…
What a super cute clothespin bag! Thanks for joining the Crafty Secrets Linky Party.