Skip to main content

Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge: #13 Creativebug Inspiration


The current Hero Arts challenge asks us to find inspiration on the Creativebug website.  Libby is the hostess of a 31-day Hero Arts series showcasing different stamping techniques.  I chose Day 22 - Emboss Resist - for my design.

I started by stamping the borealis background stamp from the June 2020 MMH kit onto a panel of Hero Arts lavender card stock.  It was then heat embossed with clear detail powder.  I followed by sponging over the embossing with Wilted Violet and Dusty Concord distress inks.  I finished with lightly sponging Black Soot distress ink around the edges.


I stamped the whale tail and spout (from the same kit) in VersaClaire black and heat embossed with clear powder.  It was die cut and layered with a coordinating sentiment on the card.  I finished with a few sequins.

This card was also inspired by Libby's FB challenge to use her favorite color PURPLE!  Happy Birthday Libby!

I would like to share my card with the following:
Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge:  #13 Creativebug Inspiration 
Word Art Wednesday:  #452 - 453 Anything Goes 
Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge:  August Anything Goes

Cute Card Thursday Challenge:  #648 Embossing
 

Comments

Claire said…
Oh wow that background looks amazing
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner
Spotted this beauty at Stay Crafty with Hero - just had to pop over and say how much I love it! That northern lights resist with purple looks amazing and I love how you added whale parts behind the sentiment!!
NanaConnie said…
Absolutely stunning, Cynthia! Perfect sentiment. Thanks for playing yet again at Jan's Digi Stamps.
NanaConnie DT
Libby Hickson said…
Thank you for the birthday wishes! :)