Skip to main content

Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge #12 Friendship


Happy Saturday everyone!  I'm sharing my very first card created with the June 2020 Hero Arts Monthly kit.  I have to admit, I loved the aurora borealis background stamp but I was a little intimidated by it.   When I received my kit I was SO surprised at how big the cling stamp actually is.
I started by stamping with versafine the background stamp onto the black water color paper that came with the kit. I then used white embossing powder and followed with various Pearl Ex paints to "create" the borealis.  
Here is a photo of the background before the card was assembled.  I finished the card by layering the mountain and tree dies from the kit.  The whale image and sentiment were stamped with VersaClaire and adhered.  The panel was adhered to a white A2 card base.

I was inspired by a couple of the Hero Arts designers.  Jessica Frost-Ballas has a great YouTube video using the background.  Also, Julee Tilman's fabulous inspiration. 

I would like to share my card with the following:
Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge #12 Friendship
A Blog Named Hero:  July Embossing
Word Art Wednesday:  #450 - 451 Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday:  Anything Goes 

2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: #41 Anything Goes with an Animal 
Christian Card Makers Facebook Group:  Masculine  

Comments

Claire said…
I think I would feel a little nervous about it too but it looks stunning. You did a fab job
Claire
Mrs H's Crafty Corner
creationsnz said…
The stamp is amazing and you did such a great job using it. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG