Skip to main content

A Blog Named Hero Challenge: April Clean and Simple


I have recently rediscovered Hero Arts and I'm having SO much fun!  Did you know that Hero Arts is celebrating their 45th Anniversary this year??!! Is that awesome or what?

I decided to join the fun by combining the current Clean and Simple challenge with an older wood mount rubber silhouette image called It's a Parade G5469 and Enjoy Your Birthday C2770.


I started by masking an area with post it notes then sponging distress inks.  After spritzing the ink with water and allowing to dry, I stamped the silhouette and sentiment stamps with Versafine Claire black ink. 

The card was finished with a few sequins and mounting onto Stampin' Up! Night of Navy card stock.  This card will be going to the April Cards for a Cause organization - Hospice of St. Francis.
I'm sharing my card with the following:
A Blog Named Hero Challenge:  Clean and Simple
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes 
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes Week #384 - 385 
Cute Card Thursday:  Challenge #579 Sequins, Gems or Brads 
Aud Sentiments Challenge:  #225 Birthday

Comments

Lisa Lynn said…
That's awesome. Love the distress inks and the silhouette. Have a great weekend.
Jo Nevill said…
Its been fabulous seeing the old Hero Arts Stamps again. I ought to revive mine and have a play. I love the scene you have created with yours.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x
Tammy said…
Gorgeous CAS card Cynthia, I love that cute silhouette image and the inky background! Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs, Tammy
Beautifully executed CAS card Cynthia - love the drama of the silhouette against the sponging
Blessings
Maxine
Lise Mariann said…
So pretty! I love the colors and the cute design. That stamp is so cute! Thank you so much for joining us at A Blog named Hero this month and I wish you a beautiful day. make it a good one.

x Lise Mariann, DT A Blog Named Hero
Well done Cynthia, there's nothing like dusting off old stamps and using them in new ways well done!
Hugs Shaz in Oz