Skip to main content

Sassy Cheryl Challenge #180 and Show Me

It has been a busy summer and I haven't gotten a chance to play along with the Sassy Cheryl Challenge for several weeks.  It's nice to have an extra Birthday card on hand, so I pulled out an image that I colored earlier this summer and put this together:

I think it's no secret that Sassy Sally is my favorite among Cheryl's digital characters.  This little image is called "Just be Yourself".  The image was colored with Copic Markers, Prismapencils and blended with baby oil.  Oh, the base was inked on the edges with a piece of drywall tape.  I'm loving the look!

The sweet sentiment is from Create with TLC and called "Special You".   Be sure to check out all of Paulette's digital sentiment sets.  I'm sure you'll find one that's perfect for your next card!

I used this week's sketch from My Favorite Things and added a couple of die cuts. 

Here's a close up of Sally:


I'm also sharing this card with the gals over on the Sassy Cheryl Show Me blog.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!


Comments

Lisa Lynn said…
Your Sally is adorable. Love how your card turned out.
Oh I really LOVE this layout Cynthia. I was trying to figure out which I liked best the fence,gras and rope border or the colors in the buntings. Perfect combo. I too love Sally. She faces all of her inhibitions with such exuberance! We all need more of Sally in us! Always good to see you at Sassy Cheryl's, so glad you found the time to play this week.
Unknown said…
Gorgeous card Cynthia! Love beautiful image and scene.
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Sassy Cheryl Happy Birthday Challenge!
Penny said…
Very, very cute! Love the scene you created, your design & coloring! :^)
Hugs, Penny
jkreucher said…
I love your awesome colors and coloring! and what a great idea to do the design using the tape! it adds a unique touch!
thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
Judy
What a stunning card Cynthia - Love the way the gingham banners accentuate the drywall tape 'stamping'. Your colouring is perfect, as ever!
Blessings
Maxine
nwilliams6 said…
Cynthia, this is so cute! Your colors and layers are really wonderful - you brought her to life fabulously! Hugz!!!
Ann English said…
Cynthia, this card is beautiful!!! I love it soooo much...Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!
Dawn said…
just too cute and great sketch!
thanks for joining our Sassy Cheryl's challenge!
Sassy Cheryl said…
Wow, Cynthia! I LOVE this! Adore that sentiment and the little star and brads. Super lovely, fun and oh, so sweet!
Thanks for playing along in the Happy birthday challenge this week with my Sassy Gals!!!
Mona Pendleton said…
Such a fun card Cynthia! Love the little fishtail banners! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)