Skip to main content

Mo's Challenge #149 - Distressing

This week's challenge on the Mo Manning Challenge blog is "Distressing".  I colored this sweet Mo Manning digital image called "Tom & Tilly".  I began by using shades of brown with my Copic Markers to get a sepia effect.  At the end I colored the floral bouquet and sponged the sunset using Memento inks.

Here's what I came up with:






In keeping with the challenge, I distressed the image panel and inked it with Memento inks.  I also distressed the edge of the brown panel then layered on an embossed base.  I wanted to keep the base simple so as not to detract from the image.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look! 

Comments

Penny said…
Cynthia, you took an adorable image and improved upon it! Love this! It has the feeling of the sweet sunset of their lives. :^) And I love the embossed background you used on this card! :^)
Hugs
Penny
What a beautiful card - the image really sings with the simple background, and the ribbon and charm add to the whole beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine
Debbie said…
Cynthia, I love the sepia affect. What a great idea.. and I love that sparkle heart that you used. So glad you joined us once again at Mo's.

Hugs
Debbie