Skip to main content

There She Goes #158 - Cork it!

I'm back with a second post for tonight.  Wow, the inspiration is rolling so I'm going with it!

Okay, at first I thought the There She Goes challenge this week dealt with wine!  Um, no this week's trendsetter - Karen has challenge us to use Cork with our TSG images.

I love using texture on my cards and cork is a really fun texture to use in many ways.  I have never stamped on cork, so I thought "I wonder what it would look like to stamp directly on the cork".  Well, I stamped the pup on the cork directly and colored with Copic Markers.  The little girl image was paper pieced and colored with Copic Markers as well.  Both images are from There She Goes " Puppy Love" set.  I love anything dog themed so this set is perfect!

I distressed and inked the edges of the base panels then machine stitched.  I have to say that I'm pleased with the results!  This card really took on a life of it's own as my original idea was nothing like this.  The designer papers are from the Basic Grey Serendipity paper stack.  The base card stock is Stampin' Up! Pretty in Pink and Always Artichoke.  The cork was cut out with a Spellbinder heart nestibilities die.

Thanks for stopping by to take a closer look!  I always enjoy reading your comments.

Comments

This is a great card - love the texture the cork gives :-) and the sentiment :-).
Blessings
Maxine
Shannon White said…
OMGosh How Darling is this! 8-) Love your Sweet pup stamped on the Cork heart! So Adorable! Wonderful paper piecing and Just a Darling card inside and out! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon
Amber Milone said…
Wonderful card Cynthia! I just love the little girl she is so precious. I really like that you made the cork the centerpiece of the card. So talented!
Whimcees said…
Hello!

This is so cute! I never think to use cork - now am inspired to try it! Wishing you a cozy, comfortable, take it easy kind of SUNDAY! :<)

Hugs,

Barbara Diane