Skip to main content

Exciting News and Sassy Cheryl Challenge

Hi!  I'm back tonight with some exciting news, Paulette at Create with TLC has asked me to join her Design Team!  Woo-Hoo!  I can't tell you how excited I am to join this team!


If you haven't visited Paulette's store you have to check it out HERE.  She provides quality word art and tons of digital images. 

Okay, on to the rest of my post!  This week's Sassy Cheryl Challenge is provided by Peggy and she has asked us to use "Red, White and Blue" with our Sassy Cheryl image.

Lucky me, I won last week's Show Me challenge over on Cheryl's Blog!  Of course, I had to shop right away and picked up "Sassy Sally in her Inner Tube".  I decided this was the perfect image to use for this week's challenge with our recent warm Alaska summer days!

The main image was colored with Copic markers and the inner tube was paper pieced with paper from Jellibean Soup.  The base designer paper and "sun" used papers from the new Basic Grey PB&J paper pack.  The sun was made using a die cut from My Favorite Things.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.

Thanks for stopping by to take a closer look and letting me share my exciting news!  Hope you have a great weekend.  DH and I spent the day at the lake.  I baby sat the pups while he enjoyed the trout fishing.  It was a gorgeous, sunny, warm day in Alaska!  These days are few and precious for us.

Comments

Penny said…
Hey, Cynthia, it's nice to see you are as excited as I am about being a new DT member on Create with TLC! :^)
Love this sweet card! The little girl is adorable, the sun is so cool, (I may have to get that die!), and I love the ribbon-paper combo! :^)
Hugs,
Penny
Cynthia this card is gorgeous!! Love the expression on the wee girls face - and the way you have coloured and mounted her is fabulous.
Congratulations on you DT appointment - I really enjoy Paulette's work.
Blessings
Maxine
marsha said…
Cynthia, congrats for being chose to be on the Create with TLC DT! Your cards are fabulous and I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
Hugsm
Marsha
Sassy Cheryl said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Well deserved, Cynthia. What a fabulous opportunity. You're amazing!
Love, love, love this little sweated of a card. You did an amazing job. It's beautiful!
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's Red, white & blue challenge this week!
Carla S. said…
Congratulations, Cynthia! I look forward to working with you on Paulette's team! Fantastic card!
jkreucher said…
Your so right! this is the perfect fun in the summer sun image! your coloring in wonderful and lovin the big ole sun!
Thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl Red, White and Blue challenge this week!
Judy
Ann English said…
LOVE your card---too funny, I just used the same image for this next week's challenge and wrote that very sentiment! Can't get that song out of my head!
Thank you for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl's red, white and blue challenge!
Jeni said…
Cynthia, this is too too cute!!! I love that bold zig-zag DP and the sun really brings the eye back to the image by matching Sally's bathing suit. I love it!! ~jeni :)