Skip to main content

A Blog Named Hero January Challenge - Anything Goes


I'm joining the January challenge at A Blog Named Hero with a clean and simple Birthday card.  This is an older wood mount stamp from Hero Arts called It's A Parade.  I love the whimsical feel of the children and little dog!

I started by masking a strip at the bottom and sponged distress ink then spritzed with water.  I followed with sponging distress inks with a stencil from My Favorite Things called Ray of Light.  A few sequins and sentiment from Stampin' Up finish the card.

I'm sharing my card with the following:
QKR Stampede Challenge:  #384 Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday:  #620 Anything Goes 
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes #424 - #425
A Blog Named Hero Challenge: January Anything Goes 
 
 

Comments

Deb said…
Absolutely amazing card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Lisa Lynn said…
Cynthia that is gorgeous!
Paperesse said…
What a fantastic card! I am so impressed by your masking/stamping technique. The Ray of Light stencil is a stroke of genius, emphasizing the children stamp and the upward movement of their arms and feet. The sentiment in the white space and those few sequins finish it off perfectly.
Dandi93 said…
Love this Cynthia, great design and I love how just a couple of the heads extend into the rays of sunshine...
What a fabulous card Cynthia - love the design of it, and the strong colours around the silhouette stamp.
Thank you for entering our current challenge at Word Art Wednesday
Blessings
Maxine
WAW DT
Dawn said…
Fantastic, fun brthday card! Love your design.
Thanks for playing in the challenge at QKR this week!
Good Luck
Crafty Hugs
Dawn xx