A few months ago while cruising Pinterest I came across the altered mouse trap idea. Wow, what a crazy thing to alter! And there are some VERY elaborate designs out there. So, I bought a package of mouse traps and they have been sitting in my craft drawer ever since.
Well, this was the weekend to give it a try. AND I thought the butterfly image from the new Beautiful Birthday Wishes set by Graciellie Design would be a perfect embellishment.
This set and many others are on sale now at Unity Stamp Company. Be sure to check it out!
I started my project by removing most of the hardware from the trap. There are tons of how-to videos on You Tube to demonstrate how this can be accomplished. Be sure you have good pliers and lots of patience!
Next I covered the trap base with tissue paper then glued grosgrain ribbon around the edge. I stamped the butterfly from Beautiful Birthday Wishes twice, fussy cut and colored with Copic markers. Stickles in various colors was also applied to the top butterfly. Next I pulled out various flowers and embellishments from my stash. I started with a rhinestone flourish then layered on prima flowers. All were adhered with a hot glue gun.
The altered trap can be used as a clip for notes or photos. Thanks for stopping by for a closer look!
I'm sharing my project with the following:
Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes #310 - #311
2 Crafty Critter Crazies: Challenge #8 Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes Nov 21
Well, this was the weekend to give it a try. AND I thought the butterfly image from the new Beautiful Birthday Wishes set by Graciellie Design would be a perfect embellishment.
This set and many others are on sale now at Unity Stamp Company. Be sure to check it out!
I started my project by removing most of the hardware from the trap. There are tons of how-to videos on You Tube to demonstrate how this can be accomplished. Be sure you have good pliers and lots of patience!
Next I covered the trap base with tissue paper then glued grosgrain ribbon around the edge. I stamped the butterfly from Beautiful Birthday Wishes twice, fussy cut and colored with Copic markers. Stickles in various colors was also applied to the top butterfly. Next I pulled out various flowers and embellishments from my stash. I started with a rhinestone flourish then layered on prima flowers. All were adhered with a hot glue gun.
The altered trap can be used as a clip for notes or photos. Thanks for stopping by for a closer look!
I'm sharing my project with the following:
Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes #310 - #311
2 Crafty Critter Crazies: Challenge #8 Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes Nov 21



Comments
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}