Miz Ann is our hostess this week for the Sassy Cheryl Challenge. She has chosen a very appropriate theme - "Summer". I have several favorite summer images from Sassy Cheryl, but ultimately I colored up this fun image of Sally & her sidekick Bella.
I'm not sure whether Sally & Bella are peeking out to say hello or to see if there's something scarey outside the tent flap!!
This image is called "Sassy Sally and Bella Go Camping". The sentiment is from a digital set by Create with TLC called "Shellebrate Summer". I was out of town and unable to play along with the recent step card challenge. I thought a center step card would work perfectly with this image. This is my very first attempt at a center step card. I found an easy step-by-step tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers by the fabulously talented Frances Byrne. You can find the tutorial HERE.
Here's a little close up of the colored image. I have used various Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils and a charcoal pencil to shade. Of course, the digital image was fussy cut and layered on the "night sky" background paper with dimension tape. The binoculars are from a Cricut Cartridge - Camping Out. And a little ladybug brad to finish off!
The summer weather in Anchorage is holding (so far)! DH is packing up the camper and we are headed out for a weekend of outdoor fun. We don't sleep in a tent like Sally & Bella anymore, but we do enjoy being out in the camper and enjoying the nice weather.
Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy reading your sweet comments!
I'm not sure whether Sally & Bella are peeking out to say hello or to see if there's something scarey outside the tent flap!!
This image is called "Sassy Sally and Bella Go Camping". The sentiment is from a digital set by Create with TLC called "Shellebrate Summer". I was out of town and unable to play along with the recent step card challenge. I thought a center step card would work perfectly with this image. This is my very first attempt at a center step card. I found an easy step-by-step tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers by the fabulously talented Frances Byrne. You can find the tutorial HERE.
Here's a little close up of the colored image. I have used various Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils and a charcoal pencil to shade. Of course, the digital image was fussy cut and layered on the "night sky" background paper with dimension tape. The binoculars are from a Cricut Cartridge - Camping Out. And a little ladybug brad to finish off!
The summer weather in Anchorage is holding (so far)! DH is packing up the camper and we are headed out for a weekend of outdoor fun. We don't sleep in a tent like Sally & Bella anymore, but we do enjoy being out in the camper and enjoying the nice weather.
Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy reading your sweet comments!
Comments
Enjoy your time out - we are having the worst storms and snowfalls in 40 or more years in New Zealand - thankfully we personally are too far north for snow this time, but it is still cold!
Blessings
Maxine
Awesome coloring and love Sentiment design!
So glad you joined us for the Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
hugs
Judy
Hugs, Penny
Stunning as always Cynthia.
Thanks for playing along in the SUMMER challenge this week with the Sassy gals this week.