Skip to main content

Sassy Cheryl Challenge #169 and Show Me

I hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!  It is an unseasonal 77 degrees in Anchorage today.

This week's Sassy Cheryl Challenge is "Perfectly Pinkalicious".  I had this image printed and on my craft desk ready to be colored and this was the perfect challenge.  I always envision her big bubble as pink!  Probably from my childhood days of chewing lots of pink bubblegum.

Here's what I came up with using a past freebie called "Bubble Blower":


This sweet image was colored with Copic Markers and highlighted with prismacolor pencils.  The shading was done with General's charcoal pencil.  It's difficult to see in the photo, but glossy accents has been added to the bubble gum.  I have used this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  I thought it worked perfectly to carry out the bubble theme.  The sentiment is from a digital stamp set called "Playing with Bubbles" by Paulette at Create With TLC.

I am also sharing this project with the ladies over on Cheryl's Show Me Challenge blog.  We would love for you to join in the fun.  It's super easy and you might be the lucky winner of a Sassy Cheryl Digi image!!

Thanks for stopping by for a closer look.  Have a fabulous evening!

Comments

Unknown said…
That sentiment is LOL perfectly adorable. And of course, it goes without saying that your coloring is just beautiful. LOVE it Cynthia.
Thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday fun!!
jkreucher said…
I agree that she is the perfect Sassy little gal for this challenge! I remember blowing a few of those big pink bubbles many moons ago:)
love the vibrant, happy colors and your coloring is awesome!
Thanks for playing along in our Pinkalicious challenge this week!
hugs
Judy
Pat said…
Hi Cynthia! How's life up north?? Spring there yet? Hey girl...I love this card! That SC image cracks me up...and you've chosen the perfect sentiment! Beautiful colors and designwork! I'm so glad you've joined us for this week's challenge and DT Call at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank
Lisa Lynn said…
Cynthia this is adorable. I love that image and it works perfectly with the sentiment.
What a fabulous card Cynthia - love the image and the sketch you have used!! The colours are great too.
Blessings
Maxine
Dawn said…
omgoodness...totally adorable! awesome layout too, too cute!
thanks for playing our Sassy challenge!
Ann English said…
How cute is this! Love it, Cynthia! Thank you for joining us for this week's challenge and for entering the DT call!
Penny said…
Darling, Cynthia! Love that fun image, your colors, your coloring, design, papers, & embossing! :^) Great sentiment, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny
If it's any consolation, it is a balmy 104 here today. ;^)
Janetlynne said…
Heard you are having a heat wave! I sell Alaska cruises- so I am quite tuned into the Alaska weather!!! - hope you are enjoying it -
Janetlynne said…
Love your card! Sorry my previous post got posted before I finished!!
Cynthia I love this image and it was the first one that came to mind when I thought pink. It must be the gum. Your coloring rocks and I love the layout. Clean and simple but so bright and interesting at the same time.
Shirley said…
Cynthia, this card is just so darn wonderful, I don't know where to start. Your coloring is spot on, the sentiment is perfect for the image, and I love the embossed circles and the touch of yellow addition.
Tracy said…
The way you carried the bubble/circle theme throughout your card is fantastic Cynthia. Gorgeous colors that just make you smile. Awesome job! Hugs!