Skip to main content

Create With TLC Blog Hop

Good morning!  The time we've all been waiting for has finally arrived!  It's time for another Create With TLC Blog Hop! This month's theme is "For the Birds" and we have many fabulous images to share with you.  Paulette and the TLC Creations Design Team have lots of inspiration and goodies to share with you today!  If you arrived here from Create with TLC blog, you are in the right place.  If not, you'll want to start at the beginning at the Create with TLC blog and hop from there so you don't miss a single thing!

 Paulette has generously provided all the digi images we have used on our creations as freebies that you can pick up at every stop.  To download the images, simply click on the image then right click and save it to your computer.


I was given these two images to create my project.  The lovely vintage image is called "New Home Birds".   In keeping with the sentiment, I decided to create a tag for a house warming gift.  I started with a pre-made tag and then stamped a French Script  background stamp from Stampin' Up! as the base.  I then printed the TLC bird house image directly on my tag.  Variable sizing is one of my favorite things about digital stamps!  I was able to size the image to fit exactly on my pre-made tag.






Here is a close up photo of the bird house image.  The image was colored with Tim Holtz Distress Ink reinkers then sprayed with Tsukineko Sheer Shimmer Spritz.  I am still practicing with the reinkers, but I am really happy with the vibrant colors and effect with this image.








This photo shows the entire tag.  I added some frilly gathered ribbon and designer paper from Basic Grey.  The sentiment was printed on Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake card stock with inked edges.





Thanks for stopping by to take a closer look!  Be sure to continue the Blog Hop for more inspiration and Freebies!















TlcCreations

Comments

Tlc Creations said…
What a gorgeous tag...and what a great idea for a house warming gift. Thank you for being a part of the Design Team....you help make it fabulous~!
Paulette
Karen C said…
Ooooh! Very pretty! Great job teamie! :)
Hugs,
Karen C
Hetty said…
Hello Cynthia
What a lovely creation you made for a gift with this bird tag! Love the backgound you did. Creative greetings, Hetty
I love the tag and how you colored the image! I also am glad to see something "outside the box"... Paulette's images are good for so many crafts as well as scrapping and card making! THANK YOU for having fun with the HOP and sharing with us!
Carla S. said…
Gorgeous tag, Cynthia! Wonderful design for your project!
Kelley said…
Great way to use Paulette's image. The tag is beautiful.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful, love Christine in Italy xx
Jennifer said…
i just love the tag you've created with these images! So very sweet!
Lisa Lynn said…
Cynthia, what a great tag and a wonderful gift idea. You are so creative!
Rene said…
What a pretty tag!! Thanks for sharing how you made it!
The freebies are lovely!
Hugs
Rene
Anonymous said…
This is a gorgeous tag. I'll have to thank Paulette for the freebies. They are wonderful.
karalschuknecht said…
Beautiful tag, and great instructions.
Firenze said…
SO pretty and I love the ruffled ribbon. TFS
Helen -- Firenze Cards
ribenaruby said…
Gorgeous tag! Love how you created it. Ruby x
Jane said…
Really lovely tag x
Edwina said…
Your tag is beautiful! I love it! The writing behind the image actually compliments the image. This was a great ideal. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown
Chris said…
Thank you Cynthia your tag is beautiful!!!
Beautiful tag... love the ruffly ribbon.
Crafting Vicky said…
Wow totally awesome tag! Such a great idea for a house warming gift. Love the ribbon you have added.
Donna said…
Beautiful tag! Awesome idea for a new home. Thanks for the freebies!
scrappymo! said…
Pe4aked at them all and downloaded and now i'm back to leave my comments...
Yours is my favourite stop on this hop...I love this image and the way you turned it into a tag is just lovely!
The little birds flying about their birdhouse is perfect for a new home celebration.
I like your tag .Your idea for the takeI have some packages that need to go out . Thank you for the awesome idea, Thank you for sharing with us. Hugs, CathyK
Beautiful! Love how you coloured this up and it worked perfectly for this tag!
Beautiful! Love how you coloured this up and it worked perfectly for this tag!
Glittered Paws said…
What a beautiful tag - and a beautiful image - I have about a dozen TH distrtess markers but have not perfected them yet but wow you did a great job.
Vicky Gould said…
What a gorgeous tag...thanks for sharing!
Lovely tag!! Thanks for sharing.
morentin1326 said…
so vibrant... i just love the coloring...
Laura W said…
Love your tag, thanks for sharing :)
This tag is just wonderful!!! love the detail you used on here.
Kathleen said…
Great project, thanks for sharing.
Pauline said…
A beautiful creation (I love tags).... thanks for sharing on the TLC Hop!
What a beautiful way to showcase both designs! Love your little tag.
Shelly Schmidt said…
Love your tag- cool treatment ruffling the ribbon. Love your coloring on the image.
Suze said…
Love the intensity of the colours in your image - you make it look like a pre-coloured image!
PashaCou said…
Delightful projects, thank you for sharing them with us.
I love your tag! It's so pretty! I know that Paulette's sentiment & image made it even better. Thanks so much for sharing! And a special thanks to Paulette for the word art & image!
Beautiful tag. Thanks for the TLC freebies.

Lisa D.
Patti P. said…
Stunning, love that script background and your coloring. Love the hops so very much. Thanks
Silverbutterfly said…
Great Digi, thanks so much to you & TLC..

Silverbutterfly
Betty Benton said…
A wonderful tag -- a great housewarming gift!
Gail said…
Very lovely tag - thank you for being part of the hop too! Enjoy your week and thanks for the freebies! Gail
dottielottie said…
What a sweet tag, so perfect for a house-warming gift, I am also intrigued to know what is in the jar ?
Hugs
Lottie x
Cynthia said…
Lottie,
The house-warming gift is a soy candle. Thanks for stopping by!
Yay Cynthia - you really rocked this image - love the way you printed it over the pre-stamped tag.
Blessings
Maxine
Beth said…
I too am a fan of Paulette and her wonderful blog and store! She is sooo good to her followers! Your tag is wonderful; thank you for sharing it with us! And please thank Paulette for her generous sharing of the digis you used to create your tag!
Unknown said…
I'm impressed that you were able to print on the tag! My printer would never do that! TFS! ;)
Monika/Buzsy said…
Gorgeous tag Cynthia. That image is so pretty and the coloring is fabulous. Love the sheer ribbon.
I love your tag! It is so pretty! Love your coloring and all the detail you put into your creation! :)
Robin said…
I love the warm, cozy feel you did with the images!
cmu said…
Thanks for the sentiment.
Michelle Quinno said…
Thanks so much! Love your tag!!
Christine said…
I like the script background - hopefully I will remember to use one myself!!
Danielle said…
Great project... I love how you added script to the background of the tag. It looks beautiful!
ScrappyMama said…
So cute & I LOVE your finished tag!! Thanks for sharing!
Unknown said…
Gorgeous and love how you added the script!