Skip to main content

Sassy Cheryl #122 - Anything Goes

Cathy is our hostess this week over on the Sassy Cheryl Challenge Blog and she has led the theme with "Anything Goes".  I had "Bella's Flower" colored and on my desk ready to go! 

Here's what I came up with:

Bella was colored with Prismacolor pencils, blending stumps and baby oil.  I've had a few comments about my use of baby oil instead of Gamsol.   I have tried several alternative options to Gamsol since it's difficult to find in my area.  Baby oil gives the same blending ability, it's easier to find, cheaper and smells good!

The image was layered with designer papers from the Basic Grey "Life of the Party" paper stack.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and has been embossed with CTMH detailed embossing powder (my favorite).  A machine stitched border then a GKD ribbon and two paw brads completes the card.  The final size is 6 inches square.  The sketch is from this week's Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge.

This also qualifies for this week's Tuesday Alchemy challenge #21 "Anything Goes".

Thanks for stopping by to take a closer look!  I always enjoy reading your comments.  Have a fun and safe Independence Day!

Comments

Penny said…
Cool take on the sketch! Love the dog--so cute! And the papers look great with him! :^)
Hugs,
Penny
Love that dog, and you have coloured her beautifully - great take on the sketch too.
Blessings
Maxine
Sassy Cheryl said…
So stinking gorgeous. . . .love the colors the layout and your coloring with the Prismas is PERFECT!
Thanks for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.
Corrinne said…
Who doesn't enjoy a sweet pup, especially when it has a flower to give you? Fantastic! It's wonderful to have you share this with us at Tuesday Alchemy's Anything Goes challenge :)

Lots of joy!
Cute! Thank you for joining Tuesday Alchemy!
Ann English said…
CUTE as can be-don't you love little Bella!? Your card is terrific!
So glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!
Pat said…
Hi Cynthia! Oh my gosh, girlfriend, I love this card!! And what a clever sentiment! hehehe! So glad you've joined us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank