Skip to main content

Sweet 'n Sassy - Sweet Stop Sketch 168

This week's Sweet Stop Sketch has a spin - Fun with Numbers.  The sketch we were asked to follow is below:


Here's what I came up with using Sweet 'n Sassy's Timeless Classic set:

Masculine cards are usually hard for me, but with this vintage auto set they are easy!  All of the images in this set are so perfect for the vintage auto buff in your family.

The base panel was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug numbers embossing folder.  Additional numbers came from the Basic Grey paper pack "Life of the Party".  The image was stamped with Memento ink and nothing else is really needed.  Love that!  I added some baker's twine, distressed edges, sponging and a few dewdrops to finish the card.

This also qualifies for this week's Tuesday Alchemy challenge #24 - "Very Vintage"

Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

Comments

Penny said…
Cynthia, this is a terrific masculine card! Love the design and papers you used! And the image is just too cool! :^)
Hugs,
Penny
Wow Cynthia this is a great masculine card - love the colours you have used and the way you have incorporated the numbers.
Blessings
Maxine
Theresa said…
Fabulous! I love everything about this card. I'll need to find that paper is yummy.
Monika/Buzsy said…
What a fabulous masculine card Cynthia. Love the image, the papers, and the number embossed background... great colors too! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.
Corrinne said…
Fantastically vintage! I enjoy all of your elements, Cynthia :) I'm so happy you played with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

Want to play more? Join me at {PIN}spirational Challenges http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com for more fun :)

Lots of joy . .
Laine Kammeraad said…
Love your card Cynthia - it just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy.

With smiles

Laine
Unknown said…
This is such a awesome and elegant card! Love the image and the colors! Thank you for joining us over at Tuesday Alchemy Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!
Very sharp and smart card!

Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
Hugs Katya x

P.S I am having a blog giveaway at my personal blog, you are very welcome to join
http://madewithlovebykatya.blogspot.ie/2012/07/my-blogs-1st-birthday.html
Chrissy D said…
Such a COOL project! Any guy would LOVE this! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch!
I agree, masculine cards are hard to bring together but I think you hit it right on the nail--thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

Eileen
Pia S said…
One doesn't see a lot of masculine vintage cards around, and this one is SO nice. Great embossed paper, fab masculine details and colors!