Skip to main content

CPS Anniversary Celebration Day 7

Day 7 of the CPS 5th Anniversary celebration is hosted by Jen Buck. Here is the sketch that Jen chose:

Here is my take on the sketch using Penny Black's stamp "Spinning a Yarn":

When I saw this sketch I immediately knew that I wanted to use this silly stamp with the chickens sitting in a row with their feet dangling onto the chicken wire panel. I saw this stamp used on Splitcoast Stampers website about a year ago. I ordered it right away for my aunt who had a chicken farm AND knits! How perfect!

The image was stamped on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla and colored with Copic Markers. I added baker's twine for the "yarn" and a paper flower with a Stampin' Up! vintage brad center. The designer paper is from a stash of Daisy D's. I used a retired background stamp called "Chicken Wire" from Stampin' Up for the bottom panel. The finished card size is 5.5 x 5.75.

Thanks for taking a look!

Comments

Debbie said…
OMG!!! This is just too Cute!!! Perfect choice for sure love how there feet are dangling as well and I love that chicken wire stamp. I think I have that somewhere in my stash...Hum...think I have to rip apart my closet, now that could be scary...lol


Have a good one.
Hugs
Debbie
Betty Benton said…
Perfectly adorable card!! Love the knittin' chickens and the chicken wire -- wonderful!
Jennifer Buck said…
Love, love, LOVE this! This is so stinkin' CUTE! Thanks for playing with us! Hugs!