Skip to main content

Sassy Cheryl's Show Me #19

It's another week of Show Me over on Sassy Cheryl's blog. If you haven't played along here's the deets straight from Cheryl:
It can be your 'project' of the week. It doesn't matter what it is. We've had people post pictures of cooking/cake baking, organizing, scrapbooking. Skies the limit! We just want to see. I mean, there are some REALLY nosey people who visit my blog. hee hee. And yes, I'm included. You'll have until 5 PM, Wednesday, April 13th. to enter for a chance for the FREE image.
How easy AND fun is that?

The projects at my house this week are Spring related! I started with creating the card below for this week's Crafty Secrets challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers website. Our challenge was to create something which represents "Why I Love Spring". The sentiment is the focus of the card and perfectly describes my love of Spring!


So, this is my current family project. As the daylight returns and the temperatures warm up it's time to begin the starter plants for our annual garden. The first photo shows a couple of blossoms on a zucchini starter plant. How exciting!

The second photo shows a variety of starter plants including tomatoes and jalapeno peppers.
Although Alaska reaches 24 hours of daylight by June, our growing season is actually quite short. Generally, our garden is not planted until the end of May and some crops are not harvested until right before the first frost in mid to late September. (Some crops such as tomatoes are brought indoors to finish maturing) Being a midwest gal, this is all kind of experimental. My husband and I try different techniques each year to try and achieve the best possible garden. And is it worth it during harvest time!!

Thanks for stopping by tonight!

Comments

Karen said…
Oh how very nice hun. This is my favourite time of year! Full of new life all around. :0) My hubby has just started on our garden as I'm sadly not well enough at the moment. I hope it all turns out fabulous for you.xx
Sassy Cheryl said…
Oh wow! Going to have some amazing things in your garden. Two of my favorite things. Tomatoes and jalapenos! Hope they give you plenty to make salsa! That's my favorite thing to make with these fresh ingredients.

So glad that you shared this and I LOVE the card. So, so, appropriate.
This is the most exciting season. Anticipating all those yummy veggies you are growing. Love tomatoes and they are SO expensive right now!! Hope your plants perk up many many yummy recipes for you. Oh yeah, like that sentiment on the card too.
Shirley said…
I'm thinking gardening in Alaska would present more than the common challenge of gardening. With my brown thumb, I'd be totally doomed. Love the card, and perfect for the images of your plants.