Skip to main content

Power Poppy Challenge: Inspired by the Sea

 


My hopes of an early Spring were dashed today with a wet snowfall.  What can a gal do but pull out a beautiful floral image, color and dream of Spring Flowers!  

The current photo challenge at Power Poppy was a real inspiration tonight for my card.  It features Power Poppy's digital Tulips set.  The blooms were colored with alcohol markers and blended.  I water colored the background with Tombow markers and a paint brush.

A coordinating sentiment is included in the set.  The image panel and layer were die cut with Scrappy Boy Stitched Scalloped Edge dies.  A piece of Pink Pirouette was used for the card base with a few sequins scattered.

I would like to share my card with the following:

Power Poppy Challenge:  Inspired by the Sea

SheepSki Designs Challenges:  #72 Embellish It

Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge:  March Anything Goes


Comments

Monica C. said…
Cynthia, this card is gorgeous! I love the way you have colored the tulips and the blue background is perfect for both sky and the sea element. Great sentiment for this card.

Thank you for joining the Jan’s Digital Stamps challenge.

Monica C. DT Jan’s Digital Stamps
I can hardly wait for the season of tulips! Beautiful saturated colour for this design Cynthia! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Power Poppy’s The Blossom Challenge
Such a lovely image and I love how you have coloured it and finished the card Cynthia, it's stunning!
Blessings
Maxine
Jan Mahew said…
Beautiful Tulips, Cynthia! Thank you for sharing your lovely spring time creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)
This is just a beautiful project you have created here. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.
Annette DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/