Skip to main content

From The Heart Stamps - i {heart} card sketches with a tWist #114

Have you heard?
From the Heart Stamps
is currently having a
Design Team call!

I'm submitting this card
for the call.
(Wish me Luck!)

Have you seen the super fun sketch
and tWist for the current challenge

I took the challenge and used the
tWist which is watercoloring.
My card features the adorable
(currently found in the freebies section!)


I {LOVE} how this clean and simple version
came together using both the sketch and water color twist.
The water color was splattered on both the image
panel and background with a paint brush dipped 
into Tim Holtz distress ink and flicked onto 
the paper.  I love the random effect of this technique!

The image was colored with Copic Markers and
shaded with charcoal pencil.
The base panel was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug spot 
emboss folder.  
A few strips of coordinating Washi Tape were added.
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/07/27/i-heart-card-sketches-with-a-twist-no-114/
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you get a chance to check out the challenge
and play along this week.

I'm also sharing my card with the following:
Simon Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps Challenge #152:  Washi Tape
Word Art Wednesday #194:  Anything Goes

Comments

Imke said…
Cynthia, this is awesome !!! I like the ink splashes and the handmade frame.

Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 114 @ From the Heart Stamps.
What a gorgeous card Cynthia - love how the bright colours in the ribbon and splatters sets off the fabulous mouse.
Blessings
Maxine
Jo Ann said…
This is so cute! Love the embossing and the beautiful image and fancy lay-out. So glad you joined us at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with an awesome inspiration from the Scripture in Hebrews 3:6 and it says, "But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast." Have an awesome week.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com
Mandy said…
Gorgeous card Cynthia! The image is adorable and your embossed and splattered background looks wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx
Dawn said…
Lovelove love your Washi creation Cynthia, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Eureka Stamps this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx
karalschuknecht said…
Beautiful card, & great coloring. Thanks for joining us this week for our Washi Tape challenge at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT
Lisa Mensing said…
What a fabulous card! Love the colors, so very cheery! Thanks for sharing at Eureka! Stamps Washi Tape Challenge. Lisa DT
Kathy said…
Very cool. I love the splatter of watercolor, such a great effect. Beautifully colored as well. Thanks for joining as at FTHS.
Jo said…
Fab interpretation of the sketch, and a great use of embossing and paint effect too.
Thanks for entering the DT call, good luck!
Jo xx
Faith S. said…
Well done, Cynthia! I love the embossed background and the way you laid out the sentiment and image-very creative! Your coloring is wonderful, too! Thank you for entering the DT call! Best wishes to you!