Skip to main content

Sassy Cheryl Challenge #131 - Got the Blues?

This week's challenge theme on the Sassy Cheryl Digi Challenge blog is to use the color blue.  I had this sweet new "Cowboy Sally" image on my desk and thought it would be perfect for the challenge.

Here's what I came up with:


The image was colored with Copic Markers and blended Prismacolor pencils.  Such a fun image!  The sentiment is from an a-muse set called "Yee Haw".  The designer papers are from Chatterbox.  A machine stitched border, twine and star brads are the finishing pieces.

I have been without internet for two days so I'm playing catch up with all of my posts!!  We had a wind storm on Tuesday night with 131 MPH winds and rain.  My power went out at about 11:00 pm and I was very fortunate to have it returned by 8:00 am the next morning.  Thousands in the Anchorage area are still without power.  Luckily, our temperatures have stayed warm -- in the 50s. 

Thanks for stopping by for a closer look!

Comments

Penny said…
Oh, so cute! Any little girl would love to get this for her birthday card! :^) Love your image and the coloring of her! The papers are very cool, and I love the stitching. (I never do stitching, but I so love it on other people's cards!) The embellishments fit the design perfectly!:^)
Now what do you mean "the temps have stayed warm"? You call 50's warm? That's winter for us! (I know, I know, I've lived in Minnesota and northern Montana, so I have lived through cold weather, too! LOL!) Glad you got your power back! Those were some mighty high winds you had!
Hugs,
Penny
Cathy said…
Love Love Love this, beautifully colored and perfect for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge. Thanks for playing :)
Sassy Cheryl said…
Well, I certainly DO NOT have the blues looking at this stunner. It's perfect from top to bottom! LOVE IT!
Thanks for playing in the Got the Blues challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.
Jeni said…
Cynthia, this is SUPER CUTE!! I love Cowboy Sally and she looks terrific in blue. Your stitching is awesome. Thanks for joining us again in this week's challenge. ~jeni :)
Ann English said…
Cynthia, this is precious!!! I love your layout and your coloring of this little cutie!
I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge. I hope you will join us again, soon!