Skip to main content

Scene Building with Galaxy Background and Faux Center Step Card Fold

 

Thank you for stopping by for a closer look at this week's project for Pajama Crafter Stamps!

For today's card we'll be combining ink blending, galaxy background, wobbler action and a Faux Center Step (Stair) Card for a fun outer space scene.

Ink Blending 

I began by creating the blended galaxy background with green and violet distress inks.  The colors were randomly blended onto my 4.25 x 5.50 card base.

A deeper violet distress ink was blended from the edges of the base panel toward the center, followed by black soot distress oxide ink blended from the outer edges of the card base panel inward.
Lastly, white acrylic paint thinned with a bit of water was splattered randomly across the panel with a paintbrush, creating the effect of stars.

Stamping and Cutting
The adorable astronauts, rocket, and asteroid images from the Such an Asteroid stamp set were stamped, colored with Copic markers, and fussy cut. A mini wobbler was attached to the astronaut to create a fun “no gravity” effect.

Faux Center Step Card

The Galaxy background, colored images and star paper from my stash were pulled together on a fun Faux Center Step (or Stair) Card fold using this pattern from The Stamp Camp website. 
This card fold is so easy and it really provides fun dimension to the project.  To finish my card a sentiment from Such an Asteroid stamp set was die cut and applied along with the Happy Birthday from the Mix & Match Celebration Sentiments stamp set.

Pajama Crafter Stamps Products Used:
Additional Supplies Used:
  • Copic Markers
  • Distress Inks
  • Blending Brush
  • Detail scissors (for fussy cutting)

If today's project inspires you, I would love for you to visit Pajama Crafter Stamps using my affiliate link.


Shopping through my affiliate link never costs you anything extra, but it helps to support the tutorials and inspiration that I love sharing!

I would like to share my card with the following:
Simon Says Stamp Monday:  Funny/Punny
The Paper Funday Challenge:  #90 AG or Fun Folds
PIP Challenge: #2632 Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Challenge:  Week 8 Anything Goes


Comments

What a fun card Cynthia, and so beautifully made - and thank you for including the template for that different fold - I had not seen it before
Blessings
Maxine
Lorraine A said…
Fabulous card Cynthia!! I absolutely LOVE how you made the background and the multifold design and images are really 'out of this world'!! :-) I love the punny sentiment too!!
Thanks for joining in with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x
Tracie said…
What a fun card. I love all the different dimensions to your card. I also love your tutorials. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.
Vicky Wright said…
What a fun & colourful card. Love it. Thank you so much for playing along with The Paper Funday Challenge.