Skip to main content

Elvis Presley Birthday

 



I hope everyone has enjoyed a relaxing Memorial Day weekend.  Thank you to all who have served or with family that are in the military.  

I'm pulling out an older wood block stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms.  CHF had the licensing for the Elvis Presley stamp series in the 1990's.  Sadly, they are no longer in business.  One of so many family owned stamp companies have closed for personal or business reasons over the years.

The image was stamped with Versa Clair Nocturne ink then die cut with Spellbinder Wonky Rectangles.  Panels have been matted with Stampin' Up! Taken with Teal cardstock and embellished with SU blue gems.  The base panel was embossed with a Cuttlebug numbers folder.  A gelli print panel from my stash adds to the 70's vibe.  A birthday tab from MemoryboxCo finishes the card.

I would like to share my card with the following:

Time Out Challenge:  #313 Playing Music
Allsorts Challenge: #850 Anything Goes
Paper Funday:  #87 Anything Goes
Classic Design Challenge: #5 Birthday or Anniversary

Comments

Sarn said…
Brilliant Elvis card. Good reminder to use my Wonky Rectangle dies sometime soon too!

Thanks for taking part in the birthday celebrations at Allsorts. x
Linby said…
I don't think I have ever seen an Elvis stamp before - so cool. Love how you used it with the framing, fab gelli print and embossing. Thanks for joining in with Allsorts 17th Birthday celebrations.
Donna said…
Nice card with Elvis, your layers and like that die shape! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Challenge!
Carol said…
Your Elvis card really captured the retro style and the colors and texture added a lot of fun too!!! Thanks for sharing this at Time Out!!!!
Nancy said…
The colours are absolutely fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges!
Jaydee said…
Such an iconic silhouette - you did the King proud. I love that you used those that particular frame. It works so well with the image. So glad you shared this with us at Time Out this week
Jaydee