Skip to main content

Word Art Wednesday Weeks #549 - #550

 

Welcome!  The new Word Art Wednesday challenge starts today, and our sponsor is Altenew, who are giving a generous gift of a $15 voucher to their store.

My card features a floral set from Altenew called Paint-A-Flower: Spider Mums.  The floral image is huge and the detail is fabulous.  I began stamping the image onto watercolor paper with versamark then heat embossing in white.  I then used the ink smooshing technique followed by watercolor of the flowers.

I finished the card simply with a black mat, sentiment and a few Stampin' Up! rhinestones.  This is not my typical style, but I will definitely try this again.

This week's free Word Art Scripture is available for your use.  The challenge is always anything goes with a family friendly theme.  You can enter up to 5 times each week.  We are always excited to see your creations!

I would like to share my card with the following:

Simon Says Stamp Monday:  Something Beginning with "S" (Spider Mums)

Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge:  June Anything Goes

Dragonfly Dreams:  June Challenge Outdoors

Allsorts Challenge:  Week 681 Summer Flowers 
 
 

Comments

Pauline C said…
Stunning card Cynthia - fabulous floral stamp and brilliant colours - love the distress background. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts "Summer Flowers" challenge this week
Pauline x
Dena J said…
Beautiful technique for the spider mums! Gorgeous colors. Thank you for joining the summer flowers challenge at Allsorts.
Jan Mahew said…
Fabulous embossing and water color, Cynthia! The sponged splash of color for the background made the Mums Pop! Thank you for sharing your lovely floral with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)
This is amazing Cynthia - love your white embossed flowers, I have the utmost difficulty embossing on watercolour paper! Your colours are gorgeous, and the simple mounting really made the most of the image panel
Blessings
Maxine