Skip to main content

Unity Friends with Flair Friday

Wow, today really flew by for me!
I took the day off from work 
thinking I would finish some
projects and clean house.

Instead, I have worked on my project
for Unity's Friends with Flair throughout the day.

While checking out all of the inspiration
posted for FWF I came across Mandi's
adorable calendar wall hanging.
This was my inspiration for the 
altered calendar canvas that 
I created using Unity's


I started with a burlap canvas that was in my stash.
The sweet Phyllis Harris image was stamped on dictionary paper
and colored with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

I applied acrylic paint directly to the burlap 
then a layer of Mod Podge to adhere
the paper.  The sentiment was stamped on
a Kraft pocket and a 2015 calendar adhered.

I added miscellaneous lace, twine ribbon, pearls, a star pin and tiny
cones that I picked and dried while hiking
in the mountains around Alaska.



I would also like to share my project with the following:
Word Art Wednesday:  Challenge  #163 Anything Goes
(Star, Patterned Paper and Ribbon)


Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget to comment for your chance at
winning a Unity prize.

Comments

Ruby said…
Very cool calendar.
UTs Hobby Time said…
this is awesome. wonderful work.
Sheryl said…
Very cool, stamping on burlap!
Janis said…
This is just fabulous!!! Love the image on the dictionary page and then onto the burlap. So creative!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
This is fabulous Cynthia - love the paint on burlap, then paper... stunning!
Blessings
Maxine
Lorraine A said…
Gorgeous artwork Cynthia ! I totally love everything about this ! FABULOUS !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Wishing you a very Happy New Year :-)
luv
Lols x x x
Doreen said…
This is gorgeous,love the fab image and great design.xxx
Great project! Looks pretty on the burlap :)
ionabunny said…
Very pretty project. Love that image. Hugz
Donna B. said…
What a fun burlap panel calendar. It's so creative and pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
Lynn K said…
Awesome calendar - love the burlap and the stamping on book paper! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!
Penny said…
Fab mixed media project! Love it! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Melanie said…
Your project is lovely. Thanks for joining the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
This is darling, Cynthia! I hope that you will consider sharing with us in our challenges. I know that my entire Design Team would really enjoy your sweet creations.

Come and play along in our weekly Anything Goes challenges at Word Art Wednesday. We offer great prizes every week, and you can share all your wonderful projects. I hope you will join us here:
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Karen
Corrie said…
Great Calender, love the stamped image
Lin said…
LOVE your stamping on text, Cynthia! What a special creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
Crystal said…
Very cool calendar! I love the burlap!
Unknown said…
Your calendar rocks!
JPScraps said…
Awesome calendar project!
This really is stunning, Cynthia! I'm SO glad that you chose to stop by and share with us, and I really hope that you will continue to play along in our challenges each week. I'm already looking forward to seeing more of your amazing art work and hope you will link up again soon.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog
Rachel said…
beautiful hanging and a great calendar idea! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge! And Happy New year!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com
Jo Ann said…
Oh wow, this is so nice...Everything about it is a beauty. Thanks a lot for joining our Challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. There's still time to enter more projects in this week's Challenge so, I hope you come back and join us again. Want to share God's Word with you found in Psalm 27:14 which says, "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." A Blessed and Happy New Year to you!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com