Skip to main content

Unity Friends with Flair and Simon Says

Happy Friday!
I have been visiting family for the past
couple of Friday's and missed posting
with Unity's fun linky party.

Thanksgiving is such an overlooked Holiday.
Maybe because it's hard to for us to give thanks?
Maybe because it isn't a big money maker for retailers?

I don't know, but......
The Pilgrims gave thanks to the Lord for their bounty.
The Bible has multitudes of references to the giving
of Thanks.

Below is one of my favorites:
  Psalms 100:4   "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name"

 I'm sharing a card for Thanksgiving
using the adorable
Itty Bitty by Joslyn Nielson


The sketch inspiration came from this month's

I ran across an idea for DIY Embossing paste a few weeks ago.
My husband pulled out his tub of joint compound when I asked
for spackle.  


I mixed in a few drops of distress ink.  It spread
easily across the chevron stencil and dried quickly.
Cheap and easy technique for additional texture!

Don't forget to comment for your chance to win 
a fabulous Unity prize!

I'm also sharing my project with the following:
Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Get Crafty and use Kraft

Thanks for stopping by!  I always enjoy reading your comments.

Comments

Love the grungy background Cynthia - it really makes the sentiment panel pop! Lovely card, and yes, we need to cultivate an attitude of gratitude :-).
Blessings
Maxine
Doreen said…
Love your gorgeous card,fab design.xxx
Anonymous said…
Fabulous!!! I love that texture in the background and the soft colors! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)
Jo Nevill said…
Such a great card, I love all the texture you have used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x
Ruby said…
Great fall card.
Lynne Mizera said…
Great card... lovely colour pallet
Tracy said…
Beautiful card Cynthia ans yes we need to be more thankful for what we have! xoxoxox
I adore the placement of the Chevrons and the whole overall card
Linda said…
Wow that looks great!
Berina RGA said…
that is awesome!!! love this card..
-Berina
Moxie Craftie
Lisa Lynn said…
Cynthia, you are so creative. This card is beautiful. I love Thanksgiving too and someone will love to receive this gorgeous card.
Kris B said…
Your card is wonderful! Love the vintage feel! Thanks for the great DIY embossing past. I need to go PIN this one!
Carol L said…
What a creative background!! Love this Thanksgiving card!
What a beautiful card! I love the soft, muted colors and that background is amazing! The texture and dimension are wonderful!
Crystal said…
I love this card! Fabulous colors and background!
scrapper al said…
Great card! I like that the card is grungy, but not too grungy.
JPScraps said…
Awesome card! And a great idea using joint compound.
Miwa said…
What a fabulous idea and your card looks great!
Corrie said…
Love the texture great card
Dawn Fields said…
Fabulous card! Gorgeous texture!