It's another week (or two) of sharing with Sassy Cheryl and all of us who like to take a peek at what you have going on! Cheryl is taking a much needed vacation and so this week's Show Me challenge has been extended for two weeks! If you haven't joined the fun this year, you can check out the details HERE.
I am ashamed to say it, but it's been a long time since I've actually made a pie. Mostly because it's just my husband and I to eat desserts at our house. He was tested with high cholesterol a few years ago and so a lot of these goodies don't get made anymore. However, last week I had a craving for a family favorite of mine -- raisin cream pie.
I come from a long line of excellent country cooks and bakers. I don't know why the cooking "gene" skipped me, but it did! I really don't enjoy cooking BUT I enjoy eating! Since my Mom is over 2000 miles away I decided it was up to me to make the pie.
I really don't remember when I was introduced to a raisin cream pie. I only know that it was one of my most favorite things that my Granny made for me every time I visited. Of course, Granny made her pie with a meringue that got all weepy out of the oven. I decided to make a whipped cream topping instead. It gave the pie a much different taste and texture, but I still like it!
I enjoy reading your comment. Let me know what your favorite dessert is. Thanks for stopping by today and have a great week.
I am ashamed to say it, but it's been a long time since I've actually made a pie. Mostly because it's just my husband and I to eat desserts at our house. He was tested with high cholesterol a few years ago and so a lot of these goodies don't get made anymore. However, last week I had a craving for a family favorite of mine -- raisin cream pie.
I enjoy reading your comment. Let me know what your favorite dessert is. Thanks for stopping by today and have a great week.
Comments
Hope you had an amazing Christmas! Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.