Skip to main content

Sassy Cheryl's Show Me #50

It's another week of sharing with the Sassy Gals over on the Sassy Cheryl Blog. Each week we get to peek at what everyone else is up to and get a chance to win a FREE digi from Cheryl

I remember when I was young and a box of Crayola Crayons was the best thing ever! Of course, I had the large 64 count box with the built in sharpener and SO MANY shades of colors. I colored on everything it seems. When coloring books weren't available, newspapers or scrap paper was fine with me. And remember the smell of a newly opened box of crayons? It brings back a lot of childhood memories.
Why the childhood memories this week? Well, last night I had such a childhood coloring experience with one of Cheryl's new "Sally" images. I pulled out my Prismacolor pencils, KOH-I-Noor pencils and baby oil. I printed the image of Sally a little larger than I normally would and I felt like a kid again coloring in a coloring book! It was so much fun!

The "Sally" image that I've started for this week's challenge is on my work desk below. I've also got a couple Thanksgiving cards that I made this week. Hopefully, I can finish these up and get them in the mail early next week to my family and friends in the lower 48.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my memories with you today! Do you have any "coloring" memories from childhood? I'd love to hear about them.

Comments

Sassy Cheryl said…
Oh, I LOVE the smell of a fresh box of Crayons! Isn't that just the best smell ever!?!?!?! So I know exactly how you feel. Nothing like coloring a fresh blank image!
Thanks for sharing in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun!!!
Shirley said…
The smell of new crayons is definitely memory invoking aroma. Your Sally is beautiful, and that turkey image is quite the strutter. Love it.
Oh yes I remember! I used to hide my new crayons from my brother. He colored too hard and would break them. I even cherished the box they came in and would try so hard to keep it from getting bent. I would color for hours, in fact still do. LOL A while back I did the crayon resist technique and when I picked up the white crayon I had to take a deep sniff. Oh nostalgia. Have a fabulous weekend and Happy Thanksgiving to you. **Linda
Karen said…
Oooh I'm smiling so much here - I LOVE to colour hun - just like you I would spend hours and hours as a child, I think that's why it's my favourite part of crafting now. Hehe.
For me it was always my felt tips and my pencils - and now as an adult - it's my Copics and my Pencils & oil.. lol. Nothing much has changes except for the images I colour! :0)
Love your post hun.xx