Skip to main content

Sassy Cheryl's Show Me #49

Another week of sharing with the Sassy ladies over on Sassy Cheryl's blog. Each week we get to check out what others are doing AND get entered for a FREE Sassy Cheryl digital image.

This week I tried something new. Sandy Redburn, owner of Crafty Secrets, challenged us to make a gift bag from an envelope. It's a great way to recycle and create a unique size of bag to fit your individual needs.

Here's the short video from incrediblethings.com showing how to make these quick and easy bags.

I've layered lace, a felt die cut tag, and images from the Crafty Secrets Girlfriend vintage scrap sheet onto my bag. I added a ribbon trim and some pins to finish off! Easy Peasy!!

Hope you can be creative this week! Maybe you'll get a chance to recycle and envelope and make your own gift bag.

Comments

Sassy Cheryl said…
What a great video and I loved the music. I don't have stamps, but I may have to try that somehow. So simple and elegant.
Thanks for the photos and for the video link. Love it.
Are you staying warm up there in Alaska? I was talking about you the other day to my neighbor. She said she had always wanted to visit Alaska. I told her maybe we could crash at your house. LOL
Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week. Always fun and inspiring.
Shirley said…
What a clever idea for using an old envelope. Anyone would be happy to receive a treat like this. Thanks for posting the video link.
Hey Cynthia this envelope is beautiful. I have to use these envelopes sometimes to mail my cards in. I get kinda carried away on embellishments ha ha. I could use this one, but then I would need an envelope for my envelope. Ha. Ha. Such are the woes of a craft addict. Hugs, Linda