Skip to main content

Scene Building with Ink Blending, Stenciling and Wobbler Action

 

I'm so excited to share my first design team project for Pajama Crafter Stamps!

For today's card we'll be combining ink blending, stenciling and wobbler action for a fun underwater scene.

Stenciling and Ink Blending

I began by creating the blended background with various blue distress inks.  Then layered with a sunray stencil from my stash and inked with a darker blue distress ink.  I like to create my scene first which helps me to decide where to place both the focal image and sentiment.

Stamping and Cutting
The fish image from Mother Puffer stamp set was stamped, ink blended and fussy cut.  A mini wobbler was adhered for the swimming action.

Pro Tip:  To make the most of my stamps, I used the shore image from Adventure Awaits stamp set for the ocean floor by simply cutting out the ocean waves from the polymer stamp.   The image easily realigns on my stamping platform if I want to use it for the original design.

Pajama Crafter Stamps Products Used:
Additional Supplies Used:
Copic Markers
Distress Inks
Blending Brush
Detail scissors (for fussy cutting)
Clear Adhesive Gems
Stencil

If today's project inspires you, I would love for you to visit Pajama Crafter Stamps using my affiliate link.
Shopping through my affiliate link never costs you anything extra, but it helps to support the tutorials and inspiration that I love sharing!

I would like to share with the following:
Time Out Challenge: #317 Water
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:  Add Some Text
The Paper Funday Challenge: #89 Summer Splash
Allsorts Challenge:  #854 At the Seaside
We Love Stamping:  July - Summertime

Comments

Donna said…
Darling card, like the underwater scene and the wobbler adds a fun touch, so glad you shared your card with us at Allsorts challenge!
brenda said…
A fun and colourful card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x
A great card Cynthia - love how you created the underwater 'scene' and the wonderful ocean floor by 'surgically' altering your stamp :)
Blessings
Maxine
Linby said…
A fun and colourful card making great use of your supplies. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.
Chris said…
Cute and fun, lovely bright colours, love your wobbly puffer fish! Thanks for joining in at We Love Stamping
Chris
x
Donna Walls said…
Love the Puffer Fish and the Wobbler idea, I forget I have wobblers! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge and sharing your sweet card with us.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Such a fun scene and sentiment. The Puffer looks very content! Thanks for joining us at Time Out:)
OH! This is wonderful, a great fun card, love the details and that puffer fish, great sentiment too. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT
Helen said…
Oh what fun Cynthia! I love the underwater background you've created for your super cute little oving puffer fish! The bright colours really brings it all to life! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges:)
Crafting Queen said…
This is fantastic. Thanks for joining We Love Stamping challenge. Anesha
Mervi said…
Stunning and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m
Vicky Wright said…
Great card. Loving your scene & that puffer fish is so cute. Thanks so much for playing along with The Paper Funday Challenge.